Mirek's Cellebration is a fantastic
32-bit CA program for Windows, far and away the best
general-purpose engine on any platform. Get it from our US mirror,
or from Mirek's site
in Poland. Either way, a great CA resource!
- Check out our aging, but still speedy WinCA,
a Windows-based CA experimentation environment.
winca.txt for installation info.
- Try Graphical Aids for Stochastic Processes,
our EDUCOM award-winning interactive tutorial on stochastic processes.
(DOS shareware in 6 modules)
Psoup ftp site (UW-Madison Math)
- Download WinCA add-ons, Windows viewers,
CA software, etc.
Excite ftp site (UW-Madison Math)
- Try this mirror site if psoup is down for some reason ...
- A superb 32-bit Wintel engine for Conway's Life and other totalistic CA, with a rich set of interactive features.
Rudy's CA Software Collection
- Rudy Rucker offers new Windows versions of his discrete and continuous CA simulation package
CELLAB (with John Walker), and his colorful A-Life playground
Boppers. He has also posted the
CELLAB manual, which includes a nice popular history of cellular automata since Ulam and von Neumann.
- Craig Reynolds' pioneering page on virtual flocking and the like
Callahan's Life page
- Links to the latest remarkable discoveries re Conway's Game
Cellular Automaton FAQ
- A nice compilation, with an empirical slant, by Howard Gutowitz
- Laurie Snell's quotidian probability project
Cornell Theory Center Movies
- Interacting particle mpegs by Rick Durrett
- References to Interacting Particle Systems research, with an accent on biology
- Home of the Evolving Cellular Automata Group at the Santa Fe Institute
- Check out S3, an X-based CA/IPS simulator by Ted Cox and Rick Durrett
- A Java implementation of Al Hensel's gold medal Life code -- HOT!
- A French/Swiss group models cellular biology using Poisson-Voronoi tiles
- Mpeg simulations of chemical/biochemical systems by Ray Kapral at U.Toronto
MIT Information Mechanics
- The home page for Norm Margolus and his CAM8 group
MIT CAM8 applications
- Images generated by the powerful mixmaster CAM8
MIT CAM8 home page
- Technical Info and pictures of CAM8
MIT/SFI Artificial Life page
- The best gateway to A-Life
NPR Science Friday Broadcast (11/3/95) on Complex Systems
- A sometimes heated discussion of the Big Picture by Holland, Kauffman, ...
- in Real Audio format.
Pagliarini's A-Life Games page
- Links to A-life demos, games, and related information
Sprott's Fractal Gallery
- Congrats to Clint Sprott, whose page was Cool Site of the Day, 10/20/95.
- Tom Ray's remarkable implementation of natural evolution in a digital medium
Visual Models of Morphogenesis
- A splendid guided tour by Przemek Prusinkiewicz
Wolfram's Collected CA Papers
- Empirical studies by one of the most influential CA pioneers
- John Elliott's Java applet handles many simple two-state CA rules. Also, try
Xtoys Gallery and Source
- CA images + source by Mike Creutz for the X-win applets that generated them
- An up-to-date cross-platform guide to A-Life and CA resources on the Web