- 1/2 C butter
- 1/2 C light corn syrup
- 2/3 C firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 C sifted flour
- 1 C granola or rolled oats
- 1 C semisweet chocolate
- Place butter, syrup, and sugar in a pan; bring to boil over direct heat and then remove from heat immediately. Blend in flour mixed with granola or oats. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 3 inches apart on well-greased foil on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325° for 8 - 10 minutes. Let cool for several minutes before removing from the foil.
- Keep remaining batter warm in top of a double boiler over boiling water.
- Place chocolate in top of the double boiler over hot water and stir. When partially melted, remove from the heat and stir until melted. Then brush chocolate on each cookie.
Makes about 6 dozen "easy Florentines."