- 1 C Calamata olives, pitted
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 can anchovy fillets, drained
- 3/4 C fresh basil, chopped
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
- parsley, chopped, as a garnish
- Combine the olives, garlic, anchovies and basil in a food processor until finely chopped.
Add the olive oil and process further until smooth. Remove to a small serving dish and sprinkle
with the parsley. Serve chilled as an appetizer spread, with warm, thinly sliced French bread.
One of my mother's favorites, as it can be prepared up to a week ahead of time.