- white bread dough made with
- 1/2 C sesame seeds (in place of corn meal or rolled oats)
- 1/2 C pitted calamata olives
- 1/2 C sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 T rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 C olive oil
- salt to taste
- Prepare the bread dough with sesame seeds, in a bread machine or by hand, and let rise. Punch down. Preheat oven to 400°.
- Chop and combine the olives and tomatoes in a small mixing bowl, then add parmesan and crushed rosemary to the "filling." Mix with a wooden spoon.
- Flour a large bread board, and roll out the dough into a thin rectangular sheet.
Brush the top with olive oil. Spoon the filling evenly over half the top of the dough.
Fold the other half over the top to enclose the filling. Roll out the dough again into a thin rectangular sheet, pressing the filling firmly between the two layers.
- Cut the dough into 12 long strips of equal width. Roll each strip gently, and twist along its length several times for style. Place the strips on a pizza brick or cookie sheet, brush them with a little more olive oil, salt to taste, and bake for about 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
Delicious as appetizers, snacks, or as an elegant alternative to bread with a fancy meal.