- 1 small bunch scallions
- 1/2 lb mushrooms
- 1 sweet red pepper
- 1/2 C parsley and/or cilantro
- Meats and Dairy:
- 2 whole raw skinned and deveined chicken breast
- 1/2 lb smoked ham
- 1 andouille sausage
- 2 raw chicken livers
- 1/2 lb raw veal
- 1/4 lb butter
- 1/2 C sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 lb bacon
- 1 T Brandy or Grand Marnier
- 1 t Pickapeppa, Tobasco or Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t nutmeg or allspice
- 1 t hot or sweet paprika
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the Vegetables, then grind them in a food processor until
fine but not soggy. Empty into a mixing bowl.
- Grind the Meat and Dairy ingredients in the food processor until smooth,
using butter, sour cream, and eggs to keep the meats moist.
- Combine the above ingredients in the bowl, then add all the remaining ones except the bacon, using extra sour cream if necessary to make a very
smooth, moist "mash." Fry a little bit in a pan to test seasonings; add
salt and pepper if desired.
- Line a soufflé dish with bacon, then pour in the mash and bake
for about 1 hour at 375°. Test with a skewer to see that it is done.
Remove from the oven and cover with a weighted plate to "press" the terrine.
After cooling for about an hour, remove excess liquid and invert the terrine
onto a serving dish. Chill if desired. Garnish with parsley and lemon wedges.
Serve with fresh bread or crackers and assorted mustards.
- Perfect, with a couple bottles of wine, for a sinful picnic.